Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What's happening in the garden in April Toplef10What's happening in the garden in April 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What's happening in the garden in April I22gcj10What's happening in the garden in April 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What's happening in the garden in April Toplef10What's happening in the garden in April 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What's happening in the garden in April I22gcj10What's happening in the garden in April 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 8:52 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What's happening in the garden in April

2 posters

Go down

What's happening in the garden in April Empty What's happening in the garden in April

Post  Ray'ssfg 4/2/2010, 6:18 am

What's happening in the garden in April Icon_smile Thought I would start a bit of a thread about what is happening in the garden each month.
Right into Autumn weather in Victoria with cool nights, foggy mornings but nice sunny days. Day temp about 20C or 70F.
We have had a bit of rain but generally still dry and still drought declared where I live.
My garden is changing from summer veg's to winter. Still have lettuce, carrots, tomatos, spring onions, peppers, red beet, climbing beans, sweet potatos from summer.
Have planted winter tomatos, broccoli, cabbage, leeks, carrots, broad beans, spinach, silver beet, for winter.
All growing nicely so far.
Planting spring bulbs in the flower garden.
I hope other forum members in Aus will post some info of what is going on in your area.
Cheers Ray What's happening in the garden in April Icon_biggrin
Ray'ssfg
Ray'ssfg

Male Posts : 122

Back to top Go down

What's happening in the garden in April Empty What's happening in the garden in April

Post  eerwah 4/2/2010, 8:01 am

G'day mate,

Up here in QLD I'm growing potato's, garlic, shallots, beans - bush & climbing, asian greens, leaf lettuce, corn, tomato's, peas, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, ginger, tumeric, onions, winter spinach, swiss chard, spring onion, radish, leek, chilli, capsicum, asparagus, button squash and strawberries.

The bugs are pretty bad at the moment because of all the rain we've had, about 800mm so far this year. I've had to add plenty of compost to the garden at this time of the year as the rain in Janurary, Feburary and March leaches all the goodies from the Mel's Mix.

This is a great time of the year for me, the Temp is about 20C at night to 28C in the day, nice and mild. The rain usually eases for March onwards through winter until spring.

As you can see it's a very busy time of the year in my Square Foot Garden.

Cheers, Peter.
eerwah
eerwah

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray'ssfg 4/3/2010, 4:07 am

What's happening in the garden in April Icon_biggrin G'Day Peter,
Love a bit of your rain but not 800mm. We have had about 60mm so far this year. Have been watching all the flooding in QLD on the weather channel.

By the sounds of it you have a fair size garden happening. How long have you had your sfg ?
I have been going for 3 years. Still learning heaps, particularly what to plant next to each other. I have a manual plan now so I put more thought into it. There have been some threads on the forum about computer plans which I intend to do over the winter.
I have recently joined "Diggers Garden Club" and plan to plant some Heirloom veg's this spring. They have a great range of seeds.
www.diggers.com.au if you are interested.

We are off for a holiday on Monday and are coming as far as Coffs Harbour so it should be warmer than here.
Nice to hear from you.
Cheers Ray
Ray'ssfg
Ray'ssfg

Male Posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post  eerwah 4/4/2010, 5:30 am

G'day Ray,

My garden is not very big. I have 2 X '4x12', 1 X '2x9' and 1 X '2x4' raised beds and a couple of other boxes with Tumeric and Asparagus. I'm into my second year of SFG but have been gardening all my life - the single row type. I just plant a bit here and a bit there, my biggest problem is keeping up the seedlings on a regular basis, but I don't do to bad.

I'm lucky up here to have a couple of places close by to get my Heirloom seeds from, 'Green Harvest' in Maleny and 'Eden Seeds' near Brisbane. I started collecting seeds from last spring, still learning this one but have had some good results.

The weather should be great at Coffs, have a great holiday.

Cheers Peter.
eerwah
eerwah

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

What's happening in the garden in April Empty Re: What's happening in the garden in April

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down