Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Toplef10Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. I22gcj10Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Toplef10Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. I22gcj10Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by sanderson Today at 4:12 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Today at 4:10 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif.

+5
hybridtheory45
Chopper
tabletopper
Lindacol
FirstTimeGardner
9 posters

Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif.

Post  FirstTimeGardner 3/4/2012, 3:00 pm

Hi All ~

I am finally ready to start my patio garden. When I first started researching, I heard about Mel's Mix and Garden Time which was then available at Lowes. I saw it on the Lowes web site, but it is no longer there and when I called some local Lowes stores, they had no clue what I was talking about. Does anyone know of a nursery or garden store that sells Garden Time or Mel's Mix in Southern California? Actually anywhere in Calif. as I'll be taking a road trip soon. Thanks so much!!
FirstTimeGardner

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty Re: Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif.

Post  Lindacol 3/4/2012, 3:21 pm

FirstTimeGardner wrote:Hi All ~

I am finally ready to start my patio garden. When I first started researching, I heard about Mel's Mix and Garden Time which was then available at Lowes. I saw it on the Lowes web site, but it is no longer there and when I called some local Lowes stores, they had no clue what I was talking about. Does anyone know of a nursery or garden store that sells Garden Time or Mel's Mix in Southern California? Actually anywhere in Calif. as I'll be taking a road trip soon. Thanks so much!!

I just saw it a Lowes in Redlands this week, though I also couldn't find it on the website.
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty Re:Mels Mix....Garden Time

Post  tabletopper 3/4/2012, 7:43 pm

I would ask for the manager of the nursery dept......because they have it......at my Lowes they dont keep it with all the other bagged products.....its back by the big bins of fencing and concrete blocks and the discounted unsold plants.....$22.95 per bag.....good luck...Ruth
tabletopper

Female Posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty Re: Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif.

Post  Chopper 3/4/2012, 10:19 pm

I have found it at both the Murrieta and Temecula stores and it looks like all of the other bags - mainly green - just have to read the labels and look for the picture of Mel - or the one that is most expensive. Which, yes I assume you did. Duh. So I am at a loss. Ours were located right with the other big 2cf bags of potting soil, amendment, etc.
Chopper

Female Posts : 2467
Location : Warner Springs, CA USDA Zone 8a, Sunset Zone 7 (I think)

http://thezimmermannfamilytoo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hybridtheory45 3/15/2012, 3:37 pm

I bought mine at the Mission Valley, San Diego location. However, I wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't until I supplemented with my own compost that I even had any growth. I am making my own next time.
hybridtheory45
hybridtheory45

Female Posts : 6

http://www.hybrid-photography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper 3/15/2012, 9:21 pm

I had mine analyzed and it stood up to the high numbers of a home made mix. So that is interesting. I had it analyzed because I did not trust it. So far the garden I used it for is doing well. FWIW.
Chopper

Back to top Go down

Post  Roseinarosecity 4/4/2012, 1:49 pm

I just got a call from Cathy at squarefootgardening.org, who left a message on my phone, saying Garden Time Mel's Mix will be available at Loew's once again with new packaging by Friday, April 13.
Roseinarosecity

Female Posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty Re:Purchasing Garden Time Mis(Mels Mix) in Southern Calif...

Post  tabletopper 4/4/2012, 7:51 pm

I have made Mel's Mix from scratch according to his receipe......and have Purchased lots of bags....and finally noticed all the fine bark in it.....dont like that.....tried the test..and bark got in the way.......so I dont know if its the supplier in my location or not....sent a communication to the powers that be....and hopefully the bark will be taken out.......Ruth
tabletopper

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty MELS MIX IN ORANGE COUNTY?

Post  OCFAFC 5/9/2012, 12:47 pm

"Roseinarosecity"----I just got a call from Cathy at squarefootgardening.org, who left a message on my phone, saying Garden Time Mel's Mix will be available at Loew's once again with new packaging by Friday, April 13.

Has anyone seen MM in Orange County?
OCFAFC

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindacol 5/9/2012, 4:02 pm

According to the Lowes website it is not yet avaiable in Orange county but is at my local Inland Empier store:

Garden Time 2 Cu. Ft. Garden Soil
Item #: 308781 | Model #: GT 11670

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Img?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.lowes.com%2Fproduct%2Fconverted%2F034141%2F034141116702xl

$10.38
Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Img?url=http%3A%2F%2Flowes.ugc.bazaarvoice.com%2F0534%2F4_4%2F5%2Frating7 Reviews

FREE
Store Pickup
Your order can be available for pickup in Lowe's Of N Fontana, CA today.
Change Store
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Post  Coelli 5/9/2012, 4:06 pm

Yeesh, that's a MUCH better price than what my local Lowe's (Burbank) wants for the "Square Foot Gardening" soil - $12 for 1.3 cu. ft. I wound up mixing my own because I needed to fill two 12" 4x4 boxes, and it probably cost me as much as this would have.
Coelli
Coelli

Female Posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty Re: Purchasing Garden Time in Southern Calif

Post  tabletopper 5/10/2012, 2:38 am

any one purchased the NEW garden soil......does it still have bark in it? and is the cost the same?.....the receipe in the new book does not have bark in it....I e mailed the powers that be....and not an answer after a couple of months...and not a recorded message for me....Ruth
tabletopper

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper 5/10/2012, 3:36 am

Wow. Cheaper. I did not see any bark in mine. And I also did not see any vermiculite either. Wondered if they used a finer grade. It did have the soft and fluffy feel of homemade though. It will be interesting to see the new stuff.
Chopper

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Garden Time Mix (Mel's Mix) in Southern Calif. Empty Re: Purchasing Garden Time in Southern Calif

Post  tabletopper 5/10/2012, 4:31 am

No vermiculite.....maybe thats why it is cheaper....will have to give this some thought and compare the new plastic bag with other ingredients....Tnx...Ruth
tabletopper

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 5/10/2012, 11:05 am

I clicked the Lowe's link posted the other day, and discovered that Garden Time is not available anywhere near Culver City.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down