Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Toplef10Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office I22gcj10Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Toplef10Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office I22gcj10Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 8:52 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum. Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office

5 posters

Go down

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Empty Getting the hang of posting in correct forum. Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office

Post  Windmere 3/11/2013, 12:51 pm

I have messed up quite a bit by posting questions and comments in the incorrect regional forum. I think I did it correctly today with this post. If anyone can tell where this ends up, please let me know.

I called my county's agricultural extension office and learned that I am in zone 8. That's a higher number than I thought. I must say, the county extension office is a great resource, so I encourage folks to contact them. I also signed up for a gardening class coming up on the 30th.

I think I am getting the hang of things.

Very Happy
Windmere
Windmere

Male Posts : 1425

Back to top Go down

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Empty Re: Getting the hang of posting in correct forum. Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office

Post  camprn 3/11/2013, 1:02 pm

alrighta I see you posted this in the Middle South forum. And I too love my County Cooperative Extension Service! yahoo

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Empty Re: Getting the hang of posting in correct forum. Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office

Post  walshevak 3/12/2013, 1:10 pm

I'm gonna claim you for my Lower South region, but read and keep up with the middle south as well. We dont really care where you post as we just love to keep information flowing on the forum

Lower South catches the coastline starting in Norfolk and follows the coast down through SC where it starts to swing inland and goes all the way to parts of TX. Zones 7 and 8

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t785-look-here-to-see-if-this-is-your-region

Extension agents have a wealth of information for your particular area and the states have regional offices in many locations. They may not be really familiar with SFG and MM, but for local varieties and local bug/disease issues they are a marvelous resource.

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Empty Thanks Walshevak

Post  Windmere 3/12/2013, 2:42 pm

My wife and I have looked at several maps and found that we are right on the borders of the zones. If you think Lower South makes better sense, I will change immediately~ Thanks for your help!

thanks
Windmere
Windmere

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 3/12/2013, 3:26 pm

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Empty Thx Camprn

Post  Windmere 3/12/2013, 3:37 pm

Well, did a search using the links you gave me camprn. This shows 7B. In any case, I appreciate your help. Everyone here is so helpful and it's a very nice environment. Glad I am a part of it!
Windmere
Windmere

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 3/12/2013, 4:21 pm

Windmere - You are about 10 miles north of me. My zipcode pulls up lower south. If I put in the zipcode for Fayetteville, you are in middle south. Therefore, we are right on the border. Last year I started posting in middle south but the lower south became more active, so I switched to that region. But it seems that middle south was closer to my temperatures and planting times. I actually post in both of those regions depending on what's happening in the regions. Walshevak keeps the lower south region jumping.

Also, when I first started getting serious again about gardening in 2011, my zone was 7b. But there was a recent slight change in the zones and I think I am now in 8a.

yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Getting the hang of posting in correct forum.  Found out my zone from my county agricultural extension office Empty Thanks

Post  Windmere 3/12/2013, 4:38 pm

Thanks yolos. That was very helpful. Interesting how a mere ten miles can make a difference!
Windmere
Windmere

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 3/12/2013, 4:57 pm

Windmere wrote:Thanks yolos. That was very helpful. Interesting how a mere ten miles can make a difference!

How true. I am on the northern edge of lower south, just east of Hiway 17 . Just 7 miles away on the west side of hiway 17 is middle south. That's why I follow and post in both. My son, however is near the bottom of NC and is definately in the lower south. Again though just 30 miles inland might come up middle south.

So my point - post where you find something interesting and pay more attention to your first and last frost dates for planting times than what region you might be in.

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  CindiLou 3/13/2013, 9:11 am

Windmere wrote:Thanks yolos. That was very helpful. Interesting how a mere ten miles can make a difference!

That 10 miles can be a pain rofl Southern Iowa is 5b EXCEPT for a spot about 10 miles in diameter that is 5a! And guess where I live? rofl
CindiLou
CindiLou

Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down